The SEC builds its own scam ICO
In an effort to inform the public of common signs of scams, the SEC has build a mock scam site at www.howeycoins.com
The site describes a too good to be true offering that claims to be:
It also explains that the major travel provider that HoweyCoins is partnering with is to be anonymous until the ICO has closed, and that a pump and dump is already planned after the ICO finishes.
- HoweyCoins are officially registered with the U.S. government;
- HoweyCoins will trade on an SEC-compliant exchange where you can buy and sell them for profit;
- HoweyCoins can be used with existing points programs;
- HoweyCoins can be exchanged for cryptocurrencies and cash;
- HoweyCoins can be spent at any participating airline or hotel;
- HoweyCoins can also be redeemed for merchandise.
All of these guerentees of sure fire returns and SEC compliant pump and dump's are sure signs that this is a would be scam website.
If you click on any of the links in the website you will be taken to www.investor.gov/howeycoins explaining the reasons you should have recognized this was a scam
For more details on this educational website for cryptocurrency investors please see www.sec.gov